While discussing the budget for the aviation sector in the current financial year, to encourage more women in pursuing a career in this field a proposal was made in the National Assembly to enrol two women in the pilot training programme at the Flying School of Bangladesh.
Apart from making this proposal, many other recommendations were made for future plans for women’s development in the budget.
The recommendation was made in the National Assembly on Thursday (June 9) during the presentation of the proposed budget for the fiscal year 2022-23.
Among the many recommendations made during the event, some are as follows,
- To gradually increase the toilet facilities for women in all the domestic airports in the country.
- To increase the number of adequate lighting and CCTV cameras as per the demand of airports for women’s safety and improve the lighting system.
- To develop skilled human resources and give priority to women in the workplace by setting up hotels with training centres in different district headquarters.
- To give priority to women while allocating them to the souvenir shops constructed in tourist centres.
- To construct souvenir shops in tourist centres so that priority is given to women while allocating them to those places.
All these proposals were made with a goal to catapult women’s development, in not just the aviation sector but over the fields as well.